I was having telephonic conversation with Pradeep today and we were talking about men, women, society. What is acceptable, what is not. What is right and what is not.
For the typical Indian men and women :
1. Male [from any strata of society] smoking is right. Women smoking is wrong[unless you are women from some village in Haryana, you can consume as many as "bidis" possible] .
2. Men peeing on the road is absolutely right . You cant imagine a women doing so. [ After all men can stand and do it]
3. Men watching porn is right. Women watching a kissing scene is absurd.
4. Men masterbating is a sign of being MAN. So, its right. For women its wrong.
5. Men wearing "dhoti" and showing off their legs to great extent is right. Women wearing mini skirts is wrong.
6. Women wearing saree [showing off their navel, belly, waist,etc] is right and girls wearing jeans to college is wrong [even if you arent showing off any body part ].
7. Men would live with his parents and expect the girl , he's married to , to be upto his parents' expectations. Its wrong in case of women.
8. Wearing a locket with god's image in it, is good. Thats your respect towards the Almighty [even though the pendant goes deep down in the cleavege]. Wearing a dress with Lord Ram or Krishna's image is bad.
What I feel :
1. Smoking should be taken as normal thing for everyone.
2. Peeing on roadside should be banned.
3. No one should make a fuss about what you are watching.
4. Nothing is wrong in that but making it a sign of manliness is wrong.
5. Wear what you want, feel like. And people should stop staring at girls' wearing mini everyday.
6. Saree is sexy ! Wearing jeans is very decent.
7. Both the guy and girl should leave their parents and get their own house where both of their parents can visit. And why do you need to have a ritual to prove your commitment.
8. Dont make a deal about what is printed on what ! Like the colors, the materials ? Wear it.
Yo! chaman, once more debating/discussing on the topic, this time on a blog!
1. Male smoking or female smoking, equally bad for both. Stop smoking guys & gals, shag instead, its not harmful at least! I don't support smoking, irrespective of gender.
2. Thooo! Peeing on the road is disgusting! It's like people wanna show, hey i can pee too! So, peeing on the road sux big time, so guys contain it!
3. Everyone watches porn [given a chance], i guess even the freaking sadhus would love to watch a porn movie. GIRLS watch it too, and of course they enjoy it, and there are alwayz exceptions u see, so "good" girls, don't be angry.
4. Men masturbating is of course a sign of man, women do fingering to show their uniqueness. So, its ok, after all its pleasure they seek, carry on guys & girls.
5. Men who wear dhoti have been wearing it all their life, or may be they are comfortable in it, yeah so why shouldn't girls wear mini's?? Wear it if u like it..why do u care about others, and they have the fucking right to look at your chicken legs [if u have one] or ur vibrant undie, so, stop pointing out the "gazers". Why i elders say, girls shouldn't be wearing mini's is b'coz it provocates some lousy boys, eager to explore the "insides" of a girl, so its the girl who ends up in trouble.
6. Girls wearing jeans to college is very decent. No doubt saree looks sexy at the same time can be a decent one too.
7. I Agree!
8. I Agree!
What I feel:
1. Women should stop showcasing their protruding womanhood. Why do u need to?? The road isnt who's-the-sexiest competion arena, neither are the by-passers the spectators.
2. Yeah! no one should make a fuss about what u r watching, but have to respect & take care of others' feelings, u can't watch a pron movie in a coffe joint.
Marriage is a bliss for some people, whereas it is hell for some people, if someone wants the rituals, they are doing nothing wrong, moreover i think its a lot of fun, during a marriage, more of all, are ur beloved people & near ones are all together, that doubles up the fun.
As per society norms, at various places u need to show whom u r married to and all, and whoz the father of your kid, this is not only in India, but also in most of the countries.
Anyway, if people wanna live-together, its their life, their problems, i dont mind, and i don't care who minds, but hey don't forget to give me a party at least. :p
So, the bottom-line is let tension f*** off while you have a gala time, doing whatever u like to do. Party on dudes!